y'all might consider working to realize sunday streets- / ciclovia-style
street closures in your cities on the weekends. it's a great way to
illustrate the potential for alternative use of our public street space.

I know this happens in many places already, but i think it's one of our
better chances to show folks, especially those unable to imagine things
otherwise, the vibrant possibilities inherent in truly multi-modal urban
areas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciclov%C3%ADa

http://sundaystreetssf.com/

http://www.streetfilms.org/thousands-play-in-oaklands-streets-at-the-first-ever-oaklavia/