Just curious, do any of you folks subscribe to Kirby Palm's crank
length formula: http://www.nettally.com/palmk/crankset.html

Makes intuitive sense to me, but with my shortish 83PBH I should be
using a 179mm crank! My first real bike had a 175mm crank (Fisher
monster cross) and I have stuck with that length because it is the
closest in length among the commonly available sizes. In a way I guess
I am splitting the difference between the conventional wisdom and
Kirby Palm's radical formula. Seems to work for me, but haven't tried
anything else!

Cheers,

Gernot