Mike,
I love my 50/30 setup on the 94bcd ritcheys, but there is a point on
some grades where I just hop off and push it up.  I draw the line at
granny gears that keep me moving at or less than walking speed.  The
only bummer I have had over the last year and a half is a bit of
deflection in my 50 TA ring.  While the 94 bcd arms provide greater
support than an old TA, there is still some give.  I would speculate
that this would not be as big a problem on a 48 or 46 ring.  In this
regard the 110 bcd of the new Sugino will provide a little better
support for the outer chain ring.

While I have been stock piling Ritchey compact cranks I wran across
these,
http://www.starbike.com/php/product_info.php?lang=en&pid=3377
and they come in colors if that is your thing, blue would probably
look pretty good on my roadeo.  These seem to get good feedback from
the guys on MTBR.  Current exchange rates could get them to your door
with TA rings for about $400.  but if you were shopping at starbike
you might as well pick up a son hub and some lights.

Rob