I work in Engineering at a large manufacturing plant.  7.5 miles each
way.

While bike commuting is actively encourage it is not discouraged
either.  I bring the bike into the offices and lean it against the
bookcase next to my desk.  One other person, that I see, rides in on
ocasion.  For me the limiting thing is transporting my daughter to /
from her school which is near my work.

I usually get a few, positive questions.

Angus