Agree with JimD, the cyclo-commute is not convenient but I try not to
let that stop me and frankly things are pretty well set up for me to
ride:
-I am fortunate to live fairly close to where I work < 7miles,
-have shower/locker facilities available to me in my office building
-a safe place to lock up the bike

That said it would be much "easier" to just take the bus.  On the bike
I get exercise while I commute, I get to see some great scenery
(mountains, Puget sound, Seattle Skyline), it clears my head and I
occasionally get passed by my faster bike commuting neighbor and we
have a chat for a bit till he drops me on the big hill ;-)  Back in
'08 when gas was knocking on $5 a gallon I noticed a sharp increase in
bike commuters along my route so who knows what the future holds.