Thanks for all the advice... I suspect we'll have a mixed bag of
riders in our group, which means we'll be riding at the pace of the
slowest... I suspect we will remain "with the Tour" as long as it
continues to be fun... If the crowds overwhelm us, I'm sure my friends
(who are the adventurous type) will choose to "deviate" and find our
way back (via a nice pub/eating establishment)... Must end on a high
note, you know.

BB