> Technically the IRD freewheels are not user-serviceable. If anyone has hints
> as to how to get into the innards of an IRD freewheel without destroying
> them, I'd love to hear them.

This is not IRD specific, so I have no idea if the instructions are
any good for IRD, but here.s some info from bikeforums.net on
servicing a freewheel.

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php/707342-Build-a-long-freewheel!!!!-Photo-heavy

I have a small collection of freewheels because I don't own a casette
hub wheel and want to keep my bikes running forever.  I'm currently
running IRD on two bikes.  The old FWs are the spares when I can't
find anything else.  One IRD freewheel has maybe 1000 miles on it
without problem, the other has only a few miles, also without
trouble.  I haven't tried the rebuild process yet, but will before
long.