Hi John, it's a great route I would encourage you to take. Just be aware of
the singletrack you're going to need to take at mile 20.6.  It's not marked
at all, so you have to be on the look out for it.  That's where the
hike-a-bike section begins.  That's just for ~half a mile though.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclotourist/5441062476/

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 8:08 PM, doug peterson <dougpn...@cox.net> wrote:

> John:
>
> That would be it.  Mile 29.4 is where David, Jenny & I bailed out.  We
> took the left while the rest of the group continued on the route.  You
> can see how that connects to the outbound route around 15.  We then
> headed back up course & made a left at the intersection that's 12.7
> outbound & 44.7 returning. We got a total of 42 for the shorter
> version.
>
> Carry plenty of food & water.  Take a look at the posted photos.  We
> had some high quality hike-a-bike sections.  Caution:  Hills may be
> steeper than they apperar in photos!  Great ride.
>
> When do you plan to be in San Diego?  I'm a bit north, Orange County,
> but get down there often.  Maybe we could do this ride; I'm curious
> about the part I missed.
>
> dougP
>
> On Feb 14, 7:47 pm, John Speare <johnspe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can someone who went on the ride verify that this is the map for the
> route:http://ridewithgps.com/routes/252276
> >
> > I'll be in SD in April and this sounds like a perfect day ride.
> >

> > On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 7:35 AM, Esteban <proto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I have some photos up from my camera phone - and a write-up on the
> > > blog:
> >
> > >http://veloflaneur.wordpress.com/2011/02/14/all-tires-welcome/
> >
> > >http://www.flickr.com/photos/25671211@N02/sets/72157625919265243/
> >
> > > The route is worth studying for anyone planning a vacation in San
> > > Diego. Wow!  Thanks, Dustin!
> >
> > > Esteban
> > > San Diego, Calif.

> mikeybi...@rocketmail.com

> of
> pretty

> topped
> > > off

> dougpn...@cox.net>
> was so
> > > much
> must
> > > have

> in
> > > SoCal!
> showing.
> > >  Five
> there.
> > >  The
> graded
> > > dirt
> seven
> > > mile
> stores/used
> > > car

> at
> > > his
> us!!!
> > >  Good

> > > dougpn...@cox.net>

> new
> > > set of
> right
> > > now.

> my
> > > case,
> can't.

> jimcwar...@earthlink.net>
> > > 700x40.
> cassette.
> > > I'm
> [...]

Cheers,
David
Redlands, CA

*...in terms of recreational cycling there are many riders who would
probably benefit more from
improving their taste than from improving their performance.* - RTMS