When I sold my go fast, it only took me 10 years to figure out that it
was probably too small for me, at first I rode my steel bike with no
computer but while I was haunting the used parts bins at Recycled
Cycles in Seattle's university district I stumbled across a wireless
cateye with a dead battery that I was able to pick up for $5, and with
$4 more in battery I had a working wireless cycle-computer couldn't
resist setting it up but it is a positive step down from the Polar
720i that gave me reams of data and was computer down loadable.

My plan is to build a go fast again, move the cateye over to it, and
go "data-less" on the commuter/townie/camper bike, as someone
mentioned above if I get desperate for mileage I can always go to map
my ride and figure it out.

Good luck Patrick and if you do decide to replace your avocet I highly
recommend the cateye wireless very easy to set up and use and not
"over functioned"

Ryan
West Seattle