I have my brevet bike computerized, but only use it to guess where the
turns are for unfamiliar routes.  I also use it as a motivational tool
for nearing completion and keeping on pace to finish before dark or
finish in time to meet my wife and kids for dinner, etc.

I also have a store of vintage cyclometers that I think are really
cool.  I have two Avocet Altimeter 50s that are fun for big climbing
rides.  I also still have the first cyclometer I ever owned, an
ANCIENT cateye CC-1000.  It takes two AA batteries for goodness sake.
It weighs like half a pound.  It's just too awesome to get rid of.
Magnificently dorky.  I've verified it still works, but haven't put it
on a bike lately.  It was in a box in my parents attic undisturbed for
~20years.  If I ever set up a vintage early 80s bike I'll throw that
on.  Or I'll put it on the brevet bike for an event just to get more
confused comments from the randos.