Just to be clear, I don't think any of these products are butt ugly,
though the splats won't win a beauty contest. But I do believe that
they are functional and produced to keep costs down and durability
high (simple shapes, few seams). While I like things that are actually
good-looking, I understand and appreciate the design philosophy. But I
don't appreciate the design philosophy behind the ugly labels, if
there is one, other than to be contrary.

Ironically, while I think Riv usually overdoes it with the reflective
tape, I really wish that the splats had it on both feet, rather than
the ugly MUSA logo on one. I am glad that they are selling well,
though. When it rains here in Thailand though it's so warm that I am
wearing sandals or flip flops, so I won't get a pair until I move to
colder climes.

Gernot