not specific help on the Phil bearing replacement, but the comment
that some mysterious wheel noises are attributed to the joint of the
rim.  typically the rim is extruded in a long curlicue of metal.  then
it is cut into rims, an internal sleeve lines things up, and then the
rim is pinned, or welded and machined back down.  The sleeve itself in
some processes is not secured to the rim internally by anything but
friction, so with a tire on, and with spoke tension and then with a
rider on the bike, it might be just enough to let that thing click
around inside the rim.  Before you replace bearings, have a look at
that possibility.  It would be frustrating to go through that effort
and have it NOT fix the problem.

Maybe put a bright strip of tape connecting the two spokes that
straddle the seam.  If the click always clicks when that strip of tape
is on the bottom, nearest the road, then that might be your issue.
This is after checking the most common noise, although its a really
quiet click, snugging up the presta valve nut.

When I've had noisy rim joints, I've used a drift punch inside to
dimple the rim to snug up that sleeve a little tighter.  Another time
I drilled a small hole inside the rim on either side of the seam and
dripped a drop of expanding gorilla glue to keep that sleevy bit from
rattling around.