I think Phil Wood hubs are designed to be "field seviceable". To me,
that would certainly imply that you would not have to unlace/relace
the wheel in order to replace the bearings.

Looking at the PDF on the Phil Wood web-site that walks one through
bearing replacement, I cannot see anything you need to do that spokes
or the rim would interfere with. I'm presuming that the PDF process
that applies to the rear freewheel hub is applicable to front hubs
too.

I especially like the trick of using the old bearings and a quick-
release axle to push the new bearings into place. Perhaps that is
obvious to those who've worked closely with devices that use bearings.
But to me it just seems inspired.

All that said... I'd expect the front hub not to need service before
several thousand miles of use. And I'd think some of those miles would
have to be in pretty crappy conditions. I've got >2500 miles on my
Phil Wood rear hub, with hundreds of those miles in wet, sometimes
sandy, salty or muddy conditions. It certainly doesn't need service. I
know they use different bearings front-versus-rear... but I'd think
the expected replacement interval would not be worse for the fronts.

(Just watch... I'll get back on my bike after work today and hear the
most horrible grinding noises... :))

Good luck!

Yours,
Thomas Lynn Skean