Thing is, to make my 700x50's as fast as 700x23's I need to air the 700x50's up
to the same harsh ride.  I can never get the 700x23's as comfortable though as
I would pinch flat.
Take into account that tiny tires usually go with tiny wheels and spin weight
does make a difference.

My opinion is that 700x25's are probably faster at x weight bike rider than
700x23 but 700x28's are not faster until weight is increased. If I weigh 75lbs
700x23's are probably faster .. Lighter. More aero etc.  Not until we add
weight and side wall flex will larger tires be faster.

Then again if I save 15 minutes over a 25 mile ride have I really lost anything?

Touring and tires and bikes and we still want to talk weight and speed.  I
don't get it.  I do but I keep reminding myself that it's not a race.  Only
place I lose speed is all out efforts casual rides i se e no difference.

Sent from my iPhone