Jim

It amazes me that you could fit a fender with 28mm tires.  I stand
corrected, It is possible, just not with my frame.  Even on your bike
the clearance for the fender is quite tight it really deforms the
fender line.  I wonder how much space you have there.  I uploaded some
photos to show the clearance on my bike.  The front has enough room,
mostly because the fork crown doesn't follow the line of the tire.
The rear, however, has less than 5mm of space in between the tire and
the brake bridge.  My brake choice further limits my fender options.
Brakes aside, 5mm is not enough room in my mind for a fender to be
mounted appropriately.  It has been my understanding that the
literature about tire clearance in early Rivendell publications
assumed that tires were not true to size.  Panaracer, I know had
sizing issues which have since been corrected. I mounted a Pasela
700x32 and there was about 1mm clearance under the brake bridge.  I
expected as much, yet it was interesting to have the sizing on those
two tires be so precise (28mm measures 5mm below the bridge, 32mm
measures 1mm below the bridge).  I only used those 32mm tires on one
ride, when the tire deformed with my added weight it rubbed on the
brake pivot and brake bridge.   I have a couple theories about just
this issue:

a) Pasela TG and Pasela standard tires measure different, however,
logic dictates the the TG would be the smaller of the two because the
extra material should prevent the rubber from expanding as much.
Other 28mm tires measure to different sizes as well.

b) Different frame sizes offered slightly different clearance due to
geometry, the flat part of the brake bridge runs perpendicular to the
seat stay.  As the frame size increases the angle between the the
bottom of the brake bridge and the tire contact point increases.
This make sense if you consider that the front and rear clearance on a
frame are different, yet use the same brake reach.

Great looking bike by the way.  I really like the color.

Jason