Update.  I have three times in the log book now.  The first one was on
700C wheels and I felt lousy, so I expect that I'll ignore that
2:09:45 time.  The second ride confirmed that the first will probably
get tagged an outlier.  I did the same ~26 mile hilly stretch through
the east bay hills in 1:51:52.  Today I logged a third time, this time
on the 650B wheelset.  With Hetres at 45psi, I did the route in
1:46:32.

There's still a lot of data to take.  I'm trying to do each ride with
an honest hard effort, trying to beat my personal best each time,
regardless of what wheelset I am running.  I wont even start to look
for trends or comparisons until I've gone back and forth at least a
few times between wheelsets.  Clearly I could get significantly more
scientific with a power tap or similar, but I'm not that interested in
doing that.

The good news for me is that the bike feels great with both wheelsets,
and feels different.  Different enough that I'll probably keep both
setups at the ready.  Two bikes for the price of one!  Yay me!