I believe there is more to than just weight.  3 lbs even 5 lbs isn't noticeable
to most people. Notice the word most as there is always someone saying they can
tell the difference when a water bottle filled.

Anyway I thing tires, geometry, fit, and such will make a bike feel fast or
slow more than the 5 lbs.

To contradict myself.. Yes there is a performance penalty for any and all
weight though slight.

Kelly

Sent from my iPhone