On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 12:42 PM, doug peterson <dougpn...@cox.net> wrote:
> Khalid:
>
> What size(s) are you considering?  The 58 & 61 have some overlap in
> PBH & seat height.  Riv suggested a 61 for me but I'd never ridden
> anything larger than a 58.  I went with 58 with a 10 cm stem & it's
> been perfect.  FWIW, I'd never even seen a Rivendell live before I
> unpacked mine.  I just put the h'bars & seat at the height of my old
> bike, hopped on & took off.  Within a mile I knew I'd gotten the right
> size.  I've only got an inch or so of clearance with both feet on the
> ground, with 35 mm tires.  A bit of clearance when you hop off is
> comforting.

I'm the other way. They recommended a 61, I went with a 58, probably
shoulda gone with the 61. But I've made it work and I still think I'll
rip the fenders I have on it off sometime soon and put fat franks on
there and see how much clearance I end up with, then :)

I have a 61 rom and it feels like it fits better to me.

Khalid,
 I'm in durham, NC and if you want to try out something around a 58cm
atlantis you're welcome to come borrow mine.

-sv