many of my rides are 25-50 somewhat fast, and in some ways moderately
competitive group club rides. my lighter bike is quite nice for that
use. so hopefully we are seeing many different ways in which we all
use our bikes...and perhaps more importantly for this rambling thread,
that we each of our own values about life, bikes, and the real
lightness of being. i was never trying to convince anyone else to get
a 17 lb carbon bike, just alluding to my experience of it. and you
should all get one :). the 3 steel bikes are in the garage and the
carbon one is in the house. they hate hanging out together.