Winds were 12 - 15 yesterday with gusts (especially those coming off open crop
fields) of 25. Rode 68 miles and fortunately, the winds were mostly calm in the
early hours as we headed into the expected wind direction. The route was an
irregular box shape and we did get the stronger blows later in the day and of
course, when the road surface was coarsest and we were most tired. On the plus
side, the breeze evaporated sweat effectively, so no salt got in my eyes.

This was a charity ride for a children's hospital and I didn't see any Rivs
beside the one I was on. There was a nice old Raleigh Portage whose rider was
in
semi tweed ride regalia. Another fellow on a ss was in full tweed. Forget what
he was pedaling though.  I'm a snail, and managed about 12 into the breeze and
18 with it, for an overall in the 15s. Climbed some too. Very pretty day with
an
especially profuse coloring of azaleas and wisteria everywhere.

Rode a relaxer on Saturday on the Saluki and winds were somewhat less. Also
very
pretty day to be out on a bike.

Bruce