Funny you should ask....

Yesterday, my son and I rode the 22-mi Yuma loop (Yuma, Virginia, that
is... right on the Tennessee line).   First ten miles is running west
up a long linear valley, right into the wind... the wind was running a
steady 15mph, but gusts up to twice that, at least.  It had rained
overnight; wasn't raining, was mixed clouds, but the roads were still
partially wet.   We were probably averaging 7 to 9 mph on that leg.
Then you hang a turn to the south, ride a couple of miles through a
couple of gaps, into Tennessee.  Turn back to the east, into another
long linear valley.  Have a couple of light climbs over the next mile,
then you can run that valley for the next 7 miles... on that leg, wind
at our back, we were averaging 22, 24 mph, managed to hit 28 for a bit
on a few stretches.   One last pair of light climbs over the next
mile, then a flat mile again back to the start.   Wasn't a spectacular
run, but was good to be out stretching our legs.

A couple of days before, we'd gone to Cades Cove, had my younger
daughter along with us.   Rode the loop there, about 10 miles around.
Overcast, not a constant wind but occasionally breezy.  With the
little one along, were taking our time.  After the midpoint, leaving
from the visitor center, it began misting on us pretty well.  We
weren't soaked by the time we made it back around to the start point,
but, we weren't totally dry, either.

(Glad for fenders both days, tho'.... )