After reading Grant's article, I feel better about myself.  I was
feeling little guilty after visiting website after website with
pictures of clean shiny bikes with Carradice bags, Nitto racks, Honjo
fenders, etc.  My bikes always have, at a minimum, a layer of dust on
them.  Two of my three bikes (not my Rivendell) have mismatched tires
or wheels.  And I don't even want to mention the torn bar tape.....