I've got a box - literally - of freewheels, and the 4 or 5 Shimano
600's I have are among my favorites. All mine come off with the
regular Shimano freewheel tool, still easily available from Park and
in most decent bike shops. Some of the older Shimano freewheels take
the old style "boss" tool which is harder to find and harder to use -
the inner diameter is small enough you actually have to remove the
locknut to get the tool on. But I've never seen a 600 that uses this.

And putting the freewheel tool down in the bench vise and turning the
wheel COUNTER CLOCKWISE has always worked for me. With tough ones I
sometimes think I'm gonna bust a spoke, but it's never happened yet,
and I've never been defeated by a truly stuck freewheel.

I HAVE had some freewheels that gave me a devil of a time when I tried
to dis-assemble them for cleaning. The Shimano ones with the little
lockring are a bi*** because you can't start them with a chainwhip,
but so far as I know, that doesn't include the 600's.

2 pluses on the 600's - they have a nice dustcap that does a pretty
good job sealing the mechanism - though it can crack. And once you
have it all broken down with cogs removed, the frreewheel has 2 oil
ports (resembles Dura-Ace freewheels this way. May be the same
freewheel as far as I can tell). I snag any cheap 600 freewheels I run
across and have never regretted running one.

Whoops - just looked at your picture. Um, nevermind. Haven't seen that
one.