Thanks, William, for the summary. I had thought there was a simple,
linear, correlation of straddle height to mechanical advantage - low
yoke for low profile, high yoke for high profile.
The actual facts as you describe may also explain my disappointment in
my CR720s.

 Philip

 Philip Williamson
www.biketinker.com