I have a new Berthoud Aspin where the rails were too close together and I
had to stretch them to fit into the seatpost clamp. Would you guys say I'm
susceptible to this twisting problem and should track down one these these
aluminum rail clamps?

I'll also echo my love for this saddle. I used to love Brooks, but the
Berthoud is hands-down a better saddle for me.