Well, different strokes,  I guess.  My Bleriot, on the whole, feels
MUCH nicer than my former pure road bike with 23's at 100+ psi.  This
was one of my goals, and it's why I'm loving this bike so much.  I
decided to go with the max pressure initially because I was concerned
about rolling resistance/increase in effort while  I am working to
regain some level of fitness.   That gain is happening.  Meanwhile,
the bike feels smooth and just plain great, so I see no need to change
anything right now.  Crossing between two (of the many) bicycle
cultures is interesting and I'm learning that I can and will take what
I want of each (i.e. STI levers on my Riv).   There's an interesting
post on Lovely Bicycle! that sort of illustrates this topic (but don't
go there now, you won't see that post because of a problem with
Blogger).  It's about the author's first training ride (on a Riv) with
some hardcore racers.  Cheers, Steve