On Jun 13, 10:38 am, islaysteve <alkire...@verizon.net> wrote:
> My thoughts: 1) Parting out (esp. with new parts) is good because
> most parts are not size-specific to the large frame. 2) Of course more
> people will be in the market for specific parts a, b or c, rather than
> having a large amount of cash for the whole bike 3) Or put another
> way, when you're in the market for a bike this expensive,  you likely
> have some parts of your own/or want to choose them carefully, vs. buy
> a built-up bike (this was my personal  experience recently).  4)
> Specific-sized frame limits the market, but those looking for a large
> frame may be willing to buy frame/fork alone.
>
> Also, it seems his asking price is a bit high; Frame/fork for new riv
> is max about $2000, is it not (I'm not talking custom).

Agree, the asking price for the complete bike is high. However, he
does have some high end stuff like JB painted frameset, phil hubbed
wheels, fancy Nitto bar/stem (lugged at that!) and a few other things.
So, parting out is probably the best way to maximize his return.

Finally, looking at Riv's website, I don't see the Rambou being
offered. They still might have a few, but its not listed on the
website. Still, it opens the question that besides the JB fancy paint,
how many miles does this frameset have on it. So, if you want a Rambo,
the size is right, the frameset might be a good deal depending on what
he's asking. Good luck!