I doubt I'd purchase a Deore or Ultegra derailer again. My Hilsen has
an LX RR derailer I picked up for $35 a few years ago and has worked
flawlessly. On my LHT that I recently put together I used a brand new
Deore derailer I had picked up years ago for $17 and it's great. If I
were to purchase a brand new derailer for any of my bikes I'd
definitely get a Deore or 105 for it depending on my needs. Most
likely I'd just use Deore. Later this year as the internet retailers
are trying to make room for next year's stuff I'll be on the lookout
for a discounted Deore derailers. I rarely purchase stuff from Nashbar
but I'm pretty sure that was where I got the Deore and LX derailers.

Scotty, I say go with Deore. I'm sure it'll work fine for you. Use the
money saved to purchase a Sackville XS SaddleSack or put it towards a
Nitto rack.

--mike