Seriously, it depends on whether you're running index or friction.
If friction, it does. not. matter.
My front derailleur on my All-Rounder is an old Shimano Alivio that I
rescued from the metal recycling bin. A co-worker had tossed it for
being a little rusty. I scraped off the rust, cleaned and lubed it,
and voila! It works fine.

Let's say you're running index. Then it depends on whether you're
racing or commuting/touring.
If the former, you've got to run whatever gives the fastest, crispest
shifting. If you're serious about racing you'll pay for the best
shifting, or your sponsor will. (These days, according to my most
serious racing buddies, that seems to be Sram "Red".)
If the latter, the shifting has to be reliable and durable, but not
necessarily lightning-fast. If I had to choose between Deore and XT in
this case, I'd go for the Deore simply because it's cheaper and gives
solid performance. Incidentally, there's a Deore rear derailleur on my
All-Rounder as I type this. And true to me cheap-a$$ fashion, I got it
used.

Run what works. Happy riding!

Beth