I had to miss the Populaire in order to keep my R-12 going.  I did a solo
200k Permanent, and I could have done with a little camaraderie
(commiseration).  The Permanent I tackled was called the Mt Hamilton
Challenge, and it was indeed a challenge.  I limped in at 13 hours 9
minutes, 27 minutes under the time limit, so I'm a finisher.  6 months into
my R12!