After a nearly unbearable wait I'm finally a riv owner!!!   I drove down on
Saturday and picked up my 67cm AHH frame!  It's a work of art!  I went with
a custom color, and after many hours of second guessing my decision I
finally got to see it!  I have to admit that it came out a lot lighter than
I expected from the paint chip, and I was a little bit upset when I first
saw it, but once I started hanging shiny bits on it I started to realize
that it's probably a lot nicer than what I'd originally asked for, and it's
really growing on me -- I think now that it's a really nice color!  [The big
reveal coming once the shiny bits are properly hung :-) ].

So, speaking of shiny bits... there's one rather important one that I
haven't decided on yet!  Wheels!  I really like the classic polished hubs,
and this bike is beautiful and really deserves some nice looking hubs, but a
set of Rivy hubs approach the the amount that I was hoping to spend on the
entire wheelset!  I considered the VO Grand Cru hubs, which are a bit
cheaper, but they don't have the 32 spoke hubs that I wanted (I like the
look of 32 spoke hubs, and I'm a lightweight rider for my height, I have a
touring bike for the heavy loaded stuff).  I like freewheels, and 7 speeds
is perfect [prefer it over 9], but am probably leaning more toward a
cassette just because quality freewheels are getting harder to find.  The
problem that I'm having is that it's harder to find 135 mm hubs that meet
these requirements than 130 mm hubs, as 135 mm stuff is usually MTB oriented
and more colorful (usually anodized).  So, I'm starting to think about maybe
getting a set of road hubs and buying a new axle and respacing it... anybody
ever done that?  Is it hard to find proper axles?  It looks like Harris
sells all the parts that I need...

Thanks!
-Rex