On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Joe Bunik <jbu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Imagonna start mapping some of my favorite rides/routes around the
> area, and eventually take some photos along the way too.
>
> Besides what Dustin said, there are a good number of classic road
> routes that loop around here, e.g. 'Three Bears' out beyond Briones
> and Orinda, 'Carquinez/McEwen' via Martinez, 'Redwood' via
> Moraga/Canyon/Pinehurst, and 'The Country Clubs' route which traverses
> several fairways down towards Danville.
>
> For dirt and fire trails, you can't beat Shell Ridge open space, and
> adjacent Diablo Foothills regional and Mt. Diablo s.p.s. Not to be
> overlooked are all the convenient, off-street connector bike/MUP
> paths. The Iron Horse, CC and YV canals, and the sleeper
> Sugarloaf-Shell Ridge trail.

These sound great. But I'm guessing that Michael, who thinks that if
he's in the hills he needs to drive to "more suitable riding areas,"
is not going to want to ride up the Three Bears or Painhurst, I mean
Pinehurst. (Me, I think that if I'm in the hills I've gotten to the
suitable riding areas and should ride. But to each his own.)

--
-- Anne Paulson

My hovercraft is full of eels