On Wed, 2011-08-03 at 07:41 -0400, robert zeidler wrote:
> If your in Litchfield, NE and your bike tips over while you
> were taking a quick comfort break, and you BE snaps off, who's going
> to fix it?

I've been using bar end shifters since 1974 or 1975, currently have them
on something like 6 or 7 bikes, and not only haven't had a BE snap off,
have neither seen it, nor ever have heard of it before.  And believe me,
I take plenty of "naturals," you could even call me Mr. Natural, alias
I. P. Everywhere.