I had a similar experience coming form 26" MTBs... had a B'stone MB2
for the 90's, then sold it when I ended up riding my then RB-T and
then my All-Rounder exclusively on the trails.  Decided I wanted to
get back into actual mountain biking and ended up with a Karate
Monkey.  What, a great bike!  Not a fan of the rear fork end/sliders
on it though... sucks hugely for field repair of a flat.  I might have
to trade it in for a Hunqapillar if a used one ever comes up on the
market.