I really enjoy the fact that Rivs aren't splashed with the brand name all
over the bike too.  I'm thinking of my Trek here, that thing says "TREK" in
about 8 different areas on the bike.  Kind of ridiculous.

I didn't know about Rivendells until a friend of mine showed up to a ride
using a Hilsen.  I kept trying to find out what bike brand it was because it
was so pretty, but I never heard of A. Homer Hilsen as a bike brand.  This
of course started a conversation about Rivs and many nights going to the
Rivendell website, now I have a Sam Hillborne and plan on getting a Roadeo
in the near future.  I think it is one of the ways that Riv stands out,
makes the bikes look more classy and less gaudy.