On Saturday, August 6, 2011 1:31:44 AM UTC-4, grant wrote:

> *I don't think of a Sam Hillborne as a "lesser" Rivendell just because
> it's less expensive than A. Homer or something else.
> *

> *In the early 2000s I never said anything but it bothered me when somebody
> would refer to their Atlantis or Rambo as "a Rivendell," because to me
> "Rivendell" meant it was a custom and said Rivendell on the downtube. I
> think that was dumb. I LIKE it now. *

Okay, so, to be clear:  although Sheldon was absolutely against it, does it
mean I shouldn't cringe, or that you would, if I catch myself saying
"Rambo"?  Nor should I feel guilty if I do say simply "It's a Rivendell"
instead of spelling it all out ("It's a Ram, by Riv")? You won't chastise me
if I do?

"Rambouillet" is a mouthful compared to "Ram" or "Riv" or "bike", and
although I try not to say "Rambo", yeah, sometimes I do...

I know it doesn't keep the world from spinnin' round, but, at the same time,
to be civilized, sometimes things still matter, even if they wouldn't
otherwise...