On Saturday, August 6, 2011 8:30:53 PM UTC-4, EricP wrote:

> Will often abbreviate my bike to Sam Hill.  As in "what in the . . . ?"

I've often thought that was a good nickname for it, too...

Re-reading what I wrote, I don't mean to imply that I'm so lazy when I speak
that I *have* to abbreviate (I suppose, given how I droll on when I type,
you can all imagine that I can use a paragraph or three to say what a
two-word sentence could...).   Regardless, I usually refer to my bike as my
Ram, sometimes as my Riv.

Grant,
I see what you're getting towards:  a lot of companies start w/ one specific
item, then grow to where they have several other associated items to their
original purpose.  But then, after becoming 'the' company to be, start
sticking their label on other items, further from their original core...

I can understand keeping the clothes, the bags, etc., under separate
brands,  but personally, I wouldn't worry about bike frames... that's your
core product, I would tend to think that it's 'better' for Rivendell to have
the Atlantis and the Hilsen and the others all under the Rivendell frame
umbrella, in addition to the customs, IMO, FWIW....    but, of course, it's
*your* company, *you* get to decide how you want it....  and, seems to be
pretty right, IMO...