Suddenly stop on the hills, fall over on their bikes (because they're
clipped in and can't un-clip soon enough), walk their bikes up the
rest of the hill in bunches spread out all across the road regardless
of the fact that others are trying to ride up - it becomes a zoo
sometimes.  You want to make sure you have gearing that's as low as
possible because of this.  It's not that you may not be physically
able to climb the hills with more moderate gearing, it's the hordes of
riders doing everything mentioned above that will cause you to start/
stop and go slower than you might ordinarily.  Also, unlike other
centuries (brevets) I've ridden, like the HHH in North Texas or
RAGBRAI where the communities you ride through roll out the red carpet
for you, the Brown County, IN, residents seem to resent the bikers and
are sometimes down right hostile towards them.  I recall one year when
someone spread carpet tacks across the road in one section of the
route...