My JB Greens have all (4 tires) worn to failure shortly after 3000
miles.  For the two rear tires I did not notice they were getting worn
because of the fenders. I got my first flat with each when the rubber
had worn down to the casing and daylight could be seen through the
tire in many places around the circumference.  One front tire I
replaced when it had worn down to the casing at 3200 miles but the
sidewalls wore faster than the tread at 3086 miles on the second one.
The tube blew through the middle of the sidewall while banking on a
sharp turn during a descent.  I stayed upright and made it home with a
new tube and two $20 bills as boots.

I'll still buy JB's, I think 3000 flat free miles is pretty good.
I'll just start replacing them at 2900 miles.