I have some niggling reservations about the F-15 rack as well. A couple of
things about the BarSack really shine for me, though:

Ease of mid-ride access. Just lift the lid, grab what you want without
having to modify your posture substantially, and drop the lid. It's really
nice. Those magnets work perfectly as far as I'm concerned.

It dangles. And this is directly attributable to the mounting system. It's
good because it means that the stuff in the bag doesn't get beat up as much
by the terrain. The fact that the bag is suspended provides, well,
suspension for the contents. I like that a lot. Not *everything* warrants
that kind of coddling. But some things do.

I ride very much upright. A front-rack-supported bag (i.e. something
actually resting on my Mini rack or its equivalent) provides a qualitatively
lower level of convenience than something as close to me as the BarSack
does. That's why I prefer the BarSack greatly to those bags. (I have several
times used my SlickerSack with my BarSack for sheer additional carrying
capacity.)

I'm completely aware that the BarSack, when loaded much at all, can change
the handling characteristics of the bike. To an extent. But as far as I'm
concerned, I've only