Tim,
I use the interrupter brakes on my noodle bars and have found that
rolling the mat up and sticking it crosswise through both drops of the
h'bars works well.  I have also done it without the interrupters on
another bike, but I don't feel like i have the same amount of control;
totally doable though.

-Andy "downward dog" Mari