In favor of the big striker copper bell: it has the nicest sound I've
heard and I like the look, personally. I mount mine on a headset
spacer-replacement bracket available (or was available) from VO. The
striker bell, brass or copper, is far louder than the incredibell and
than the other spring-striker bells I've used.

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 6:43 AM, islaysteve <alkire...@verizon.net> wrote:
> I was going to mention the Incredibell options but you beat me to it.  I
> personally don't care for the big brass bell on the side of the stem look.
> I realize it's standard-issue Riv.  Anyway, I just like the Incredibell  on
> the top my drop bars.  I have small hands, it doesn't interfere with
> anything and it's easy to ring.  I looked at the bar-end option,  and I
> think that would be too hard to reach.  I don't spend a lot of time down in
> the drops when I'm on a bike trail, where I'd likely need a bell.  Anyway,
> now that I have a bike that's more trail-able than my road bike was, I do
> appreciate having a bell; I know that the people on the trails much prefer
> it to "On your Left!"

Patrick Moore
Albuquerque, NM
For professional resumes, contact
Patrick Moore, ACRW
patrickmo...@resumespecialties.com

A billion stars go spinning through the night
Blazing high above your head;
But in you is the Presence that will be
When all the stars are dead.
(Rilke, Buddha in Glory)