Thanks, Geoff -- it looks fun. I've no particular desire for a recumbent,
three or two wheeled, but I've long wanted an old fashioned British trike --
can't say why, unless it's the same inclination that has me riding fixed
gears. One advantage of the upright is that it is as visible in traffic as a
regular bike and a thread on the CR list had someone saying he had done a
century in under 5 hours with really fit riders doing it nder 4.

For me, I think the handling difficulty is part of the appeal: it's a new
skill to learn. We'll see; I am stil not sure about left hand drive.

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Geoff <mocha...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> That lugged steel Ken Rogers is a cool looking hunk of steel, for sure, and
> I've never seen anything like it.  Not sure how the handling would be with
> the big wheels and all.
>
> Here's a pic of one of the most popular low profile delta style trikes, the
> Hase Kettwiesel from Germany(borrowed off the web).  I got to test ride one
> at a recumbent trike dealer here in Northern California.  Test result- a lot
> of fun to ride.
>

> <https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-dBBAskgyNgE/TnTZZ6llLXI/AAAAAAAAAB8/7YupNaG8tMw/Hase%252520Kettwiesel%252520Delta%252520Trike.jpg>
>

>  --

Patrick Moore