Hi,
I think the tire I'm looking for doesn't exist.
I had been using Panaracer Pasela TG 700x37's on my Hillborne for the better
part of 2009 till last spring when I rebuilt the bike without fenders and
with Schwalbe Marathon Dureme 50's!.  The tires are really too big for the
Hillborne, but they do fit and there's about 5mm of clearance at the chain
stays.  I'm rebuilding the Hillborne post new paint job as a fendered tourer
again and need slightly smaller tires.

So, here's what I'm looking for:
A tire, like the Pasela, with a *gum skin wall*.
Something between 40mm and 50mm...ideally a true 45mm.
Something capable of most roads and trails.

Any suggestions?
 thanks
Jason