The new SON 28 has slightly less drag (can you believe it?!) and is a
little lighter.  However you can't get it in 40 or 48 hole drillings.
It looks like they will stop making old version in 32 and 36 hole
drillings; they will only make them for the 40, 48.  This is because
the flange diameter is smaller and so there is not enough room for all
those holes.