Ryan,

For years I used a North Face Tadpole, but 6ft long I was very nearly
touching the top and bottom of the tent. Plus with just one door and
vestibule it was a bit awkward at times with my wife. I wouldn't want to
share it with just a friend, too intimate. Weight 4lbs+

Last year we invested in the Big Agnes Copper Spur
http://www.rei.com/product/764121/big-agnes-copper-spur-ul3-tent during
REI's 20% off sale that happens to be going on now. We have used it for
about 20 nights so far and here are my impressions:
set up is easy with color corrdinated clips for the tent-fly interface,
really light weight material that looks flimsy but has shown no wear or
tear,
excellent design with two doors and two vestibules & vertical walls when
erected,
longer floor for more comfort for me but a little tight on the width
(luckily I like touching my wife),
plenty of room for setting up,
pockets are not generous but sufficient,
light weight still at 4lbs+ which is impressive to me with the extra door
and vestibule,
has maintained its shape well in gusty winds (estimated to 30 mph) and has
kept us dry in two light rain events,
a negative: the doors unzip down so that the door lays in the tent or on the
ground when open.

I recommend the custom ground cloth.