I have a Zephyr triple, and I can't remember for sure, but think that might
be the BB length.  My middle ring is 36T, so clearance isn't a problem.  I
tried plain rings and couldn't get it to shift at all, so went back to TA
ramped/pinned rings and it's perfect.
FWIW I bought from wiggle.co.uk which seem to have the best supply & prices
on TA rings.

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 7:01 PM, Norman Bone <bone1...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello-
>
> Are you running a TA Zephyr triple on your Riv? What brand of bb and length
> are you using?
>
> I have a match-built AR with a Phil 123+3 and the teeth on the 42 middle
> ring are so close to the stay I can barely see light in the gap. Wondering
> if I should go longer, live with it or go to a smaller chainring.
>
> Possible related issue: the chain skates on the middle ring when shifting
> down from the 46t big ring. The rings are not ramped and pinned. Chain
> angle?
>
> Thanks-
>
> Norm in Portland, OR

Cheers,