I'm an outsider looking in for this thread, but I've long been interested
in getting a motorized two wheeler. Not that I need another project with
the trike and Fargo (unless it sells) and the Herse all having plans, then
the body of the Acadiane, but I like to ask this question of motorcyclists:

For someone who would use it mostly for urban and suburban riding,
including 60 mph, six lane boulevards but (I think) not urban freeways,
what sort of modestly priced bike would y'all advise a beginner to start
with? I've been in scooters (nothing that couldn't easily reach and
maintain 50 mph) and I have no interest in Harleys or clones or rice
rockets -- was intrigued by the Ural sidecar combo I've seen here in town.
Friends in high school (very early '70s) rode old British bikes; someone
just told me today that old BMWs are fun and live forever; and a Jawa
sounds neat. Or should I just save for something like the pristine original
model Mini Cooper whose owner stopped to admire the Acadiane?

Helmets, yes? (I don't wear a bicycle helmet -- Dave Moulton has a
reasonable and informative post today -- but I think motorcycle helmets are
much more effective?)

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 2:43 PM, William <tapebu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. <http://cager.urbanup.com/2072742>cager*520*
> up<http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cager#>
> , *67* down
> <http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cager#><http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cager#><http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=cager#>
> a popular word among motorcyclists and bicyclists for four wheeled motor
> vehicle drivers. The term is often used in a derogative sense, because the
> car body effectively forms a cage, isolating the said driver from having to
> interact with other road users.
>
> The term was coined by motorcyclists.
> Some ignorant cager nearly hit me while I was biking. Idiot obviously
> wants a U-lock to the face.
> buy cager mugs &
> shirts<http://www.urbandictionary.com/products.php?term=cager&defid=2072742>
> motorcyclist <http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=motorcyclist>