On Sun, Dec 4, 2011 at 12:40, Joe Bunik <jbu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When mounting a (leather) mudflap to (Honjo) daruma bolts of a fender,
> is it better to go inboard or out?

I think the flap should go outboard, because if it is inboard it could
disrupt the flow of water out the bottom of the fender. That said, in
a recent issue of BQ there were instructions about how to put a flap
inboard and secured by the rolled-over edges of the fender. If I were
to put a mudflap inboard, I would probably put some tape over the top
on the inside in order to smooth the transition, to make it more like
a ramp and less like a curb.

James Black
Los Angeles, CA