there are link wires that are shorter/longer that could help with the
height.  but easiest would be to use a straddle carrier style instead
of a link wire, like this http://www.rivbike.com/product-p/ca21.htm

i'm used a similiar one on my sam h with the same rack and same
brakes.
that rack is now on my quickbeam (but with paul brakes instead of the
irds) but same issue solved,